Monday, 19 December 2016

Merry Xmas from the North Otago Jacobites

Greetings Everyone Sorry for the lack of posts recently, but like most people at this time of the year I have been rather busy. In the New Year I am moving into a new flat where luckily I will have room to finally set up my leather craft studio where I will then be able to continue with many projects, that have been put aside since my return to New Zealand. Personally I have a 18th century baldric to make for my French sword and a targe to complete which I am looking forward doing as these are things I have been wanting to finish for quite some time. Already I have received some interest from several locals who are keen to learn more about Jacobite reenacting and next year plan to hold several workshops making such items as targes, sporrans, bag hose etc. I will be purchasing a new computer and will build a website for the North Otago Jacobites , which this blog will be linked to providing a place where people can learn more about the aim of our group which is historically accurate impressions from the Jacobite rising period. Slainte Domhnall

No comments:

Post a Comment