Monday, 4 May 2015

18th century wallet

18th century wallets - When I first became interested in the 18th century I bought a cheap leather wallet from an online sulter only to be disappointed in it's quality so that prompted me to learn leather craft. My 1st real stitching project is a copy of my wallet I purchased online. First of all I do not know anything about wallets in the 18th century, so if anyone can give me more information on what they looked like that would be great. The green leather is incorrect for the period I'm sure but it was in the bargain box at the local leather shop for 2000 yen so it was a good deal for a beginner like me to practice some stitching. comments most welcome. I still have some green leather left over so I will make another one which hopefully will be better 





Pictured below are a couple of photos taken from the 18th century material website resource showing a leather pocket book from 1777 , not the closure system which is a leather strap which is the same style that I have reproduced. The main difference is the front flap design  




No comments:

Post a Comment