Monday, 6 April 2015

Leather craft - my first ever project

For quite some time now I have been wanting to learn how to stitch leather as there are so many items that I would love to make by myself. Last year I purchased a nice set of leather stitching tools and recently I also purchased a nice 130cm x 5 cm wide black cow hide leather belt blank. But I still had now idea as to the correct method of stitching leather , but luckily one of my customers at Albannach were I work is a fantastic leather craftsman and last night he gave up several hours of his free time to teach me how to stitch leather correctly using two needles and some hemp thread. The result of my 1st ever leather class is pictured below which is a nice kilt belt with a antique style brass double prong buckle with my friend David Maclean from NZ gave me .



No comments:

Post a Comment